Luca Camilli received a M.S. degree in materials science in 2009 and his PhD in physics in 2012 from University of Rome Tor Vergata (Italy). He was post-doc at Brookhaven National Laboratory (USA) for a year before moving to Technical University of Denmark (Denmark) with an Independent Marie Curie fellowship. There he also secured an Independent Research Fund (DFF) fellowship and the prestigious VILLUM Young Investigator grant that allowed him to start up his own research lab at the Physics Department.
He also participated to the 66th Lindau Nobel Laureate Meeting dedicated to Physics. After having received the Rita Levi Montalcini grant for Young Researchers from the Italian Ministry of University and Education, in January 2020 he moved back to University of Rome Tor Vergata where he joined the Department of Physics as Assistant Professor. There, he now leads the LT-SPM laboratory and teaches Materials Physics.
- R. Lamastra, F. Nanni, L. Camilli, R. Matassa, M. Carbone, G. Gusmano, “Morphology and structure of electrospun CoFe2O4/multi-wall carbon nanotubes composite nanofibers”. Chemical Engineering Journal, 162, 430-435 (2010)
- Scarselli, P. Castrucci, L. Camilli, S. Del Gobbo, S. Casciardi, F. Tombolini, E. Gatto, M. Venanzi, M. De Crescenzi, “Influence of Cu nanoparticle size on the photo-electrochemical response from Cu-multiwall carbon nanotube composites”, Nanotechnology, 22, 035701(9pp) (2011)
- Castrucci, C. Scilletta, S. Del Gobbo, M. Scarselli, L. Camilli, M. Simeoni, B. Delley, A. Continenza and M. De Crescenzi, “Light harvesting with multi wall carbon nanotube/silicon heterojunctions”, Nanotechnology, 22 , 115701(8pp) (2011)
- Camilli*, M. Scarselli, S. Del Gobbo, P. Castrucci, F. Nanni, E. Gautron, S. Lefrant, M. De Crescenzi, “The synthesis and characterization of carbon nanotubes grown by chemical vapor deposition using a stainless steel catalyst”, Carbon, 49, 3307-15 (2011)
- Castrucci, S. Del Gobbo, L. Camilli, M. Scarselli, S. Casciardi, F. Tombolini, A. Convertino, G. Fortunato, and M. De Crescenzi, “Photovoltaic response of carbon nanotube-silicon heterojunctions: effect of nanotube film thickness and number of walls”, J. Nanosci. and Nanotech., 11, 9202-7 (2011)
- Scarselli, L. Camilli, P. Castrucci, S. Del Gobbo, S. Casciardi, F. Tombolini, E. Gatto, M. Venanzi, and M. De Crescenzi, “Tuning photoresponse through size control of Cu nanoparticles deposited on multi wall carbon nanotubes”, J. Nanosci. and Nanotech., 11, 9321-5 (2011)
- Del Gobbo, P. Castrucci, M. Scarselli, L. Camilli, M. De Crescenzi, L. Mariucci, A. Valletta, A. Minotti, and G. Fortunato, “Carbon nanotube semitransparent electrodes for amorphous silicon based photovoltaic devices”, Appl Phys Lett, 98, 183113 (2011)
- Camilli*, M. Scarselli, S. Del Gobbo, P. Castrucci, F.R. Lamastra, F. Nanni, E. Gautron, S. Lefrant, F. D'Orazio, F. Lucari, M. De Crescenzi. "High coercivity of iron-filled cabon nanotubes synthesized on austenitic stainless steel". Carbon, 50, 718-721 (2012)
- Scarselli, L. Camilli, P. Castrucci, F. Nanni, S. Del Gobbo, E. Gautron, S. Lefrant, M. De Crescenzi. “In-situ formation of noble metal nanoparticles on multiwalled carbon nanotubes and its implication in metal-nanotube interactions“. Carbon, 50, 875-884 (2012)
- Scarselli, L. Camilli, L. Persichetti, P. Castrucci, S. Lefrant, E. Gautron, M. De Crescenzi “Strain analysis of noble metal islands grown on multiwalled carbon nanotubes”. Carbon, 50, 3616-3621 (2012)
- Camilli*, M. Scarselli, S. Del Gobbo, P. Castrucci, E. Gautron, M. De Crescenzi. “Structural, electronic and photovoltaic characterization of multiwalled carbon nanotubes grown directly on stainless steel”. Beilstein Journal of Nanotech., 3, 360–367 (2012) contribute to thematic series entitled "Nanostructures for Sensors, Electronics, Energy and Environment"
- Camilli*, M. Scarselli, S. Del Gobbo, P. Castrucci, M. De Crescenzi. “Simple photovoltaic device based on multiwall carbon nanotube/silicon heterojunction”. International journal of bio- inorganic hybrid nanomaterials, 1, 1-6 (2012)
- Scarselli, L. Camilli, L. Matthews, O. Pulci, P. Castrucci, E. Gatto, M. Venanzi, M. De Crescenzi. “Photoresponse from noble metal nanoparticles-multi walled carbon nanotube composites”. Appl Phys Lett, 101, 241113 (2012)
- Camilli*, C. Pisani, M. Passacantando, V. Grossi, M. Scarselli, P. Castrucci, M. De Crescenzi. “Pressure-dependent electrical conductivity of freestanding three-dimensional carbon nanotube network”. Appl Phys Lett, 102, 183117 (2013)
- Camilli*, P. Castrucci, M. Scarselli, E. Gautron, S. Lefrant, M. De Crescenzi. “Probing the structure of Fe nanoparticles in multiwall carbon nanotubes grown on a stainless steel substrate”. J Nanoparticle Res, 15, 1846 (2013)
- S Del Gobbo, P. Castrucci, S. Fedele, L. Riele, A. Convertino, M. Morbidoni, F. De Nicola, M. Scarselli, Camilli, M. De Crescenzi “Silicon spectral response extension through single wall carbon nanotubes in hybrid solar cells”. J Mat Chem C, 1, 6752 (2013)
- Camilli*, C. Pisani, E. Gautron, M. Scarselli, P. Castrucci, F. D’Orazio, V. Grossi, M. Passacantando, M. De Crescenzi. “A three-dimensional carbon nanotube network for water treatment”. Nanotechnology, 25, 065701 (2014). This paper has been highlighted in the News section of IOP (Archive 2014, January).
- Camilli, E. Sutter, P. Sutter. “Growth of two-dimensional materials on non-catalytic substrates: h-BN/Au(111)”, 2D Materials, 1, 025003 (2014)
- C. Stoot, L. Camilli, S.-A. Spiegelhaue, F. Yu, P. Bøggild. “Multilayer graphene for long-term corrosion protection of stainless steel bipolar plates for polymer electrolyte membrane fuel cell”. Journal of Power Sources, 293, 846 (2015)
- Yu, A. C. Stoot, P. Bøggild, L. Camilli*. “Failure of multi-layer graphene coatings in acidic media”. RSC Advances 6, 21497 (2016)
- Manzoni, S. Ponzoni, G. Galimberti, M. Scarselli, O. Pulci, L. Camilli, L. Matthes, P. Castrucci, S. Pagliara. “Ultrafast dynamics in unaligned MWCNTs decorated with metal nanoparticles”. Nanotechnology, 27, 235704 (2016).
- Galbiati, A.C. Stoot, D.M.A. Mackenzie, P. Bøggild, L. Camilli*. “Real-time oxide evolution of copper protected by graphene and boron nitride barriers”. Nature Scientific Reports 6, 39770 (2016).
- R. Whelan, B.S. Jessen, R. Wang, B. Luo, A.C. Stoot, D.M.A. Mackenzie, P. Braeuninger-Weimer, A. Jouvray, L. Prager, L. Camilli, S. Hofmann, P. Bøggild, T.J. Booth. “Raman spectral indicators of catalyst decoupling for transfer of CVD grown 2D materials”. Carbon, 117, 75-81 (2017)
- Camilli*, J. Jørgensen, J. Tersoff*, A. Stoot, R. Balog, A. Cassidy, J. T. Sadowski, P. Bøggild & L. Hornekær. ”Self-assembly of ordered graphene nanodot arrays”. Nature Communications, 8, 47 (2017)
- Yu, L. Camilli, T. Wang, D. M. A. Mackenzie, M. Curioni, R. Akid, P. Bøggild. “Polymer-graphene hybrid coating for long-term corrosion protection”. Carbon, 132, 78 (2018)
- Yivlialin, G. Bussetti, L. Duò, F. Yu, M. Galbiati, L. Camilli. “CVD graphene/Ni interface evolution in sulfuric electrolyte in the light of the H2SO4/HOPG system”. Langmuir 34, 3413-3419 (2018)
- Crovetto, P. R.. Whelan, R. Wang, M. Galbiati, S. Hofmann, and L. Camilli*. “Nondestructive thickness mapping of wafer-scale hexagonal boron nitride down to a monolayer”. ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces 10, 25804 (2018)
- Camilli* and M. Passacantando. “Advances on sensors based on carbon nanotubes”. Chemosensors 6(4), 62 (2018)
- Camilli*, F. Yu, A. Cassidy, L. Hornekær and P. Bøggild*. “Continuous graphene as a corrosion barrier”. 2D Materials 6, 022002 (2019)
- Halkjær, J. Iversen, L. Kyhl, J. Chevallier, F. Andreatta, F. Yu, A. Stoot, L. Camilli, P. Bøggild, L. Hornekær, A. M. Cassidy. “Low-temperature synthesis of a graphene-based, corrosion-inhibiting coating on an industrial grade alloy”. Corrosion Science 152, 1-9 (2019).
- Galbiati, N. Motta, M. De Crescenzi and L. Camilli*. “Group-IV 2D materials beyond graphene on nonmetal substrates: Challenges, recent progress, and future perspectives”. Applied Physics Reviews 6, 041310 (2019)
- Sun, G. Giorgi, M. Palummo, P. Sutter, M. Passacantando, L. Camilli*. “A Scalable Method for Thickness and Lateral Engineering of 2D Materials”. ACS Nano 14, 4861-4870 (2020)
- Grillo, A. Di Bartolomeo*, F. Urban, M. Passacantando, J. M. Caridad, J. Sun, L. Camilli*. “Observation of 2D Conduction in Ultrathin Germanium Arsenide Field-Effect Transistors”. ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces 12, 12998-13004 (2020)
- Sun, M. Passacantando, M. Palummo, M. Nardone, K. Kaasbjerg, A. Grillo, A. Di Bartolomeo, J. Caridad, L. Camilli*. Physical Review Applied 13, 044063 (2020).
- L. Camilli and A. C. Stoot, “Chemical vapour deposition from a radiation-sensitive precursor”. Application number: WO2017153510A1.
- De Crescenzi and L. Camilli, “I nanotubi di carbonio”, in Studenti-Ricercatori per cinque giorni , (Eds.: L. M. Catena, F. Berrilli, I. Davoli, P. Prosposito), Springer-Verlag Italia, Milan, Italy, 2013, pp 121-126. ISBN: 978-88-470-5270-3. DOI: 10.1007/978-88-470-5271-0. Book (in Italian) sponsored by the Italian Minister of Instruction, Research and University and directed to high-school students.
- Camilli, “Metal nanoparticle/carbon nanotube composites: methods and applications”, in Handbook of functional nanomaterials. (Ed.: Dr. Aliofkhazraei), Nova Science Publishers, Inc. NY, USA
- Camilli, “Carbon Nanotube Networks”, in Carbon Nanomaterials Sourcebook (Ed.: Prof. Klaus Sattler) Taylor & Francis (CRC Press). ISBN 9781482252682
News&views (non peer-reviewed publications)
- Camilli, N. Bahramifar. “Carbon nanotubes remove contaminants from water”. Membrane technology, 2014, 8 (2014)